WE DELIVER THE RIGHT INFORMATION TO THE RIGHT PEOPLE IN THE RIGHT WAYS.
Our specialty is delivering strategies that effectively tackle complex issues involving a diverse range of stakeholders and interests … in multi-layered environments and organizations … for those looking to make significant operational and structural changes … keeping key stakeholders ‘on side’, while building a base of support.
Our audiences are direct decision makers and opinion leaders, or the general public in the context of moving public opinion. Our focus is narrow, and we do it very well.
WHY ARE WE PERFECT FOR YOU?
Strategic, creative approaches … decades of campaign skills … experience with small and large business, public sector and non-profit …
- Competitive, strategic, creative approaches – rooted in decades of political campaign experience
- The parallels are many – and provide clients with a competitive and strategic advantage over more ‘traditional’ business, communications, issue, reputation and crisis management, and media strategies
- We serve clients in small and large business, public sector, non-profits
- Understand and speak several communications “languages”
- Can translate and bridge – build understanding, leverage opportunity
- Cross-pollination – drawing from successful approaches in one sector, and adapting and employing them effectively to meet clients’ needs.
- Expertise & experience includes:
- Strategic assessment and planning – building the blueprint for success
- Issue and reputation management
- Communications in a wide-range of environments with diverse stakeholders and interests
- Media – traditional and new/social – and in a crisis
- Issues – policy, legal, regulatory – assessment, analysis and developing options
- Public consultation
- Stakeholder engagement – internal (shareholders, staff) and external (general public, analysts)
- Project management
- Organizational and change management
WE BUILD CAPACITY IN YOUR ORGANIZATION
We help your organization learn … not become dependent on us … we help you build the capacity to solve your future challenges …
- We focus on building capacity within clients’ organizations – not making them dependent on us
- Relationships – developing and expanding networks and profile for our clients
- Government relations –working with clients to build a strategic network
- Providing strategic insights
- Understanding issues that directly impact the client – and the dynamics they take on – whether they’re conflict, legal, policy, regulatory, public, or reputation based – long, medium and short term.
- What are the options?
- What constitutes a winning strategy?
- Who needs to be engaged – who needs to be sidelined?
- When, and in what priority?
- How and by whom?
- Able to provide resources and be on-site, as part of the client’s response team,
WE KNOW COMMUNICATIONS
Today’s communications and media are not like you used to know them … overwhelming, fragmented, focused, delivered on multiple platforms … people choose the messages they want to hear …
Communications, Reputation and Issue Management
- Communications audits – assessment of existing strategies and collateral
- Communications plans – to improve and enhance your strategy, including elements like:
- Development of key messages and supporting collateral;
- Mainstream media such as op-eds and recognition as an expert in mainstream media reporting
- Social Media including targeted advertising and message management
- Polling – to establish not just general public or direct stakeholder opinion, but to identify and target persuadable audiences with effective messaging that ‘speaks’ to and influences them on the issues they care about.
- Reference materials – key points and messages on a broad range of issues of concern.
- Media Training for the top executives/spokespeople.
- Narrow casting, or micro-targeting – using social media and internet tools to target people most likely to embrace the client or client’s issues – then employing them to move people up a ladder of engagement and support
- Annual Reports, Annual Meetings, Stakeholder Consultations, Public Events
- Corporate Strategies in a broad range of traditional public and government affairs areas
- Shareholder engagement and communication
- Advertising Strategies
WE UNDERSTAND COMPLEXITY
We help communicate complex issues to non-experts … our experience is both broad and deep … we limit the number of clients we take … our specialty is strategies that effectively tackle complex interests with many audiences …
- We are very skilled in the management and communication of complex issues.
- We represent clients in several highly complex matters.
- Our speciality is assisting clients in drilling down to the key issues and core messages, and finding ways to communicate those issues to stakeholders and decision makers in a way that can be absorbed and understood readily.
- In reputation management, communications and public relations, our experience is extensive.
- Major oil and gas and pipelines companies – both publicly and privately held – from small caps to multi-nationals.
- Industry associations, including provincial and national Chambers of Commerce
- Public interest and public awareness campaigns
- Governments of Alberta, Saskatchewan and Canada – including the Privy Council Office, land titles, foreign affairs, and international trade
- Post-secondary institutions
- Research and innovation players, including the Alberta Innovates system
- Provincial and national industry associations
- Provincial and national issue and political campaigns.
- Non-profit, charitable and national organizations like the NHL and YMCA
- We limit the number of clients we support at any one time.
- We will not take clients who are competitors.
- We have exceptional relationships and manage them with great care.
Most solutions to 21st century communications challenges require a “campaign” of information. Today’s communications environment is too complex, too fragmented, too overwhelming to rely on a single tactic to reach your audience. We are skilled at multi-faceted campaigns.
- Identify with precision the challenge to be overcome: what does success look like?
- Identify the right audiences: individuals, team members, groups or “public opinion”
- Identify the right messages for each issue, decision maker and audience.
- Identify the right strategy to deliver that message in the 21st century world of communications
- Develop the right tactical elements and roll-out required for the strategy to succeed
- Implement, assess, fine-tune, re-engage as necessary.
- Our strategic approach starts with exploring, testing, understanding and ‘unpacking’ clients’ goals or objectives
- Goals are seldom singular
- Elements of the goal – who cares, who influences, who objects, who supports
- Key stakeholders – where are they, what makes them tick
- Working back – determine tactics the ‘campaign’ will employ
- Then build the campaign plan – and manage the process